THE MONUMENTS TOUR
The Spring Classics are a bucket list item for any hard core cyclist but the appeal of riding those iconic cobbled roads in the freezing cold rain, mud and wind just doesn’t rate for most.
Well now you can pit yourself against the famous capi and pavé in dry lycra bathed in sunshine on this amazing premium tour in the month of June, riding and dining alongside 2 time top ten Paris-Roubaix finisher, Henk Vogels.
You will ride the legendary Arenberg Trench, test yourself on the Passo del Ghisallo and Wall of Sormano, to name just a few, as you traverse some of the best one day classic courses across 3 countries; Italy, France and Belgium.
Featuring stopovers in premium accommodation in beautiful Siena, Lake Como, Sanremo and the home of cycling, Oudenaarde in Belgium this tour ticks all the boxes.
Special Comment: This tour is not suitable for novice riders. We ride big distances each day and some routes take us on cobbled and dirt roads so only confident riders with above average bike handling skills should consider this tour.
Italy - France - Belgium
15 nights / 16 days
2 - 17 June, 2019
- On tour with host Henk Vogels
- Transfers to / from Florence and Brussels Airport
- Internal transfers including flight from Milan to Paris
- Luggage and bike transfer from Como to Compiengne
- All Accommodation
- All breakfasts
- All 3 course evening meals
- Entry into Ghisallo Cycling Museum
- Visit to ANZAC Memorial and Tyne Cot Cemetery
- Mechanical support
- Full daily ride brief each night at dinner
- 3 bi-monthly newsletters
- Experienced domestiques
- On road vehicle support with water, food and electrolyte
- Post Tour digital image pack on USB
- Velo Tours Cycling Kit inc, jersey, knicks and musette
- Cap and t-shirt or polotop, bottle
- Spare mechanical repairs eg, tubes, cyclinders, tyres
- Electrolyte and gels also included
Airfares, bike hire and travel insurance are NOT included.
Lunches and alcohol consumed are also NOT included.
*twin share/subject to change based on conversion rate